GTA Periodontics Symposium
Join us for a day of high level exciting lectures.
Course Karma users receive 10% off!
our teaching team
ui/ux web master
A strict teacher that has been teaching since the age of 16. Stella won’t give you any slack, so you will have to do the very best work you’ve done in your life.
Donald has a PHD in both Computer Science and Design. His beginner course is a must see for any aspiring web professional who want to learn from the best.
If there’s someone who can explain anything, Gaby is the one. She teaches you not just how to do something, but why to do it this way and not the other.
1. Periodontics Module – Dr. Termei, Dr. Zahedi and Dr. Kermalli
2. Anesthesia Module – Dr. Brian Waxman – Mandatory Emergency Drug Bootcamp
- Discussing the drugs necessary for ALL dental offices in Ontario with an emphasis on indications, pharmacology, drug dosing, routes of administration.
- Q and A for all anaesthesia topics
3. Oral Med/Path – Dr. Hagen Klieb
- Topic – Oral suspicious lesions
- Review the head and neck examination including necessary documentation for lesions
- Review features of oral lesions that should raise suspicion for pre-cancer/cancer
Afternoon Session – Two options
DR. AVIV OUANOUNOU, BSc, MSc, DDS, FICD, FICO – Top 10 drugs – 3 credits CORE 1
Top 10 prescribed drugs: What do you need to know?
Pharmacology is the study of Drugs and their effects on the human body. Chronic medical conditions such as cancer, cardiovascular disease, endocrine disorders and neurological conditions are very prevalent worldwide. In this course we will discuss the top 10 prescribed drugs in North America. We will review the pharmacological actions of these drugs, any reported adverse reactions and drug interactions associated with their use. We will review the effects of these medications on the oral cavity and any needed dental modifications for these patients. Specific emphasis will be given to the effects and interactions of these commonly prescribed drugs with those often given by dentists namely, local anaesthetics, analgesics, antibiotics and antifungals.
1. Identify the top 10 prescribed drugs.
2. Recognize the indications and contraindications of these commonly prescribed drugs.
3. Discuss the mechanism of action, adverse reactions and drug interactions of the most commonly prescribed medications.
4. Discuss the top 10 prescribed drugs and their interactions with dental treatment and commonly prescribed dental drugs.
Hygiene Module – Irene M. Iancu BSc, RDH, CTDP
Save Someone’s Life with an Extraoral Examination.
An extraoral examination can save a patient’s life. As clinicians, the goal is early evaluation and
identification of all things pathological. The focus for dental hygienists has been oral pathology
which, as allied healthcare professionals, there are components of your extraoral examination
that have been uncharted territory.
This lecture is designed to empower the dental hygienist to make notice to specific
dermatological tell-tale-signs of systemic disease. Utilizing case studies and condition imagery
to identify early signs of cardiovascular conditions, diabetes, and pre-diabetes. This lecture will
ignite a fire within every single person in the room to be more vigil to the extraoral as they are
to the intraoral.
1. Identify signs and symptoms of cardiovascular diseases, pre-cardiovascular diseases, diabetes
and insulin resistance.
2. Conduct an extraoral examination and provide documentation of potential warning signs.
3. Understanding Blood work metrics including HDL/LDL, Glucose levels and associated metrics.
4. Provide client specific periodontal considerations for clients with cardiovascular conditions
and diabetic precursors.
Practice makes perfect
We know about your hectic schedule. We also know the only way you truly understand a subject is by practicing it in a real environment. This is why we’ve set a playground area that’s full of hours of exercises, questions and challenges. It even has a gaming section.
The best campus facilities
In addition to our online classroom, we also offer an option to take part in a live classroom. It takes place in our vast campus located in Westfield, London. Here you’ll be able to use the most up-to-date facilities and computer equipment.
Learn from the very best
Join our course and start building the most wanted career available today. We make sure every class is easily understood, and that all students reach the same level of expertise needed for today’s hi-tech industry.